1/2 Photos of Shrimp Burgers
easy on the grill, nice change from the usual beef. this can also be cooked under the broiler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 dried chilies or 1 fresh chili pepper, stemmed,seeded and deveined,more to taste
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs peeled shrimp, deveined if you like
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped shallots, scallions or 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped red bell peppers or 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf, to taste
- neutral oil (like corn or canola, as needed)
- toasted bun (optional)
- lime wedges or ketchup, for serving.
- 1Start a charcoal or gas grill; fire should be moderately hot and rack about 4 inches from heat source.
- 2Combine garlic, chili, ginger and 1/3 of the shrimp in a food processor and purée, stopping machine to scrape down sides of container as necessary.
- 3Add remaining shrimp along with shallots, bell pepper, salt, pepper and cilantro, and pulse as many times as necessary to chop shrimp, but not too finely.
- 4Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- 5Brush grill or patties lightly with oil and place them on grill.
- 6Cook undisturbed until a dark crust appears on bottom and they release fairly easily with a spatula, about 5 minutes.
- 7Turn and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes on the other side.
- 8Serve on buns or not, as you like, with ketchup or lime juice as a condiment.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.8
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 214.3 mg
- Sodium 965.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: