Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are great when you are looking for something quick and tastey for super. Goes great with slaw and chips.
- 1 (6 ounce) can shrimp, drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- butter or margarine
- mix all ingrediants together.
- mix well.
- Lightly butter each side of a bun and broil lightly.
- spread shrimp mix on buns and broil until lightly brown and cheese melts.
Simple and tasty. As the previous reviewers mentioned, I also used diced fresh shrimp. I served it with lettuce and tomato. Thanks for sharing!
Outstanding when made with freshly sauteed shrimp in olive oil and minced garlic. I used 3/4 yogurt and 1/4 mayo to cut back on the fat and calories. Skipped the butter. 27*, Reeves73.
I prepared this for my kids last night and it was a real hit! So quick and simple, with tasty results. I haven't seen tinned shrimp in the grocers here, so I used fresh shrimp from the fish-o... I think this would be better taste-wise anyways... and the kids wolfed it all down. My pickiest eater (5 years old) came down this morning and declared how much she loved last night's meal - high praise indeed! Thanks so much, this will become a regular on our menu.