Recipe by Dee514
A tasty shrimp dish in a red sauce which is very easy and quick to prepare (if you buy pre-cleaned shrimp). Serve with pasta or rice. Add a tossed green salad and crusty (garlic) bread to round out the meal.
- 2 lbs cleaned raw shrimp (shelled & deveined)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 small scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 black truffle, sliced thin (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry shrimp and roll them in flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Brown shrimp on both sides in hot oil.
- Remove oil from skillet and set aside.
- Add wine to shrimp and cook until wine is reduced to half.
- Put reserved oil into a small saucepan, add tomato paste, water, salt, pepper and cayenne and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and add the parsley, scallion and truffle to the skillet.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from pan and add lemon juice.
- Serve with rice or pasta.