Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A tasty shrimp dish in a red sauce which is very easy and quick to prepare (if you buy pre-cleaned shrimp). Serve with pasta or rice. Add a tossed green salad and crusty (garlic) bread to round out the meal.
- 2 lbs cleaned raw shrimp (shelled & deveined)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 small scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 black truffle, sliced thin (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Wash and dry shrimp and roll them in flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Brown shrimp on both sides in hot oil.
- Remove oil from skillet and set aside.
- Add wine to shrimp and cook until wine is reduced to half.
- Put reserved oil into a small saucepan, add tomato paste, water, salt, pepper and cayenne and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and add the parsley, scallion and truffle to the skillet.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from pan and add lemon juice.
- Serve with rice or pasta.
I didn't have the wine, scallions or truffles, and it was still delicious! And so quick and simple to put together. Served it with angel hair pasta. Thanks Dee.
Very good made it with tiger shrimp they turn blue when you remove the shell very strange, but they turn a normal shrimp color when heated. I was not sure of this recipe with basicaly just flour and wine but it was great. Served it over brown rice. I used some dry crushed red pepper instead of cayenne. I did not have any scailions so I used dry onion flakes and dry parsley.