Recipe by Timothy H.
If you have some spare time, this is just out of this world, per Bubba! Removing the vein is the time consuming part.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, in shells
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- lemon wedge, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a slit through shell down center of each curved side of shrimp to the tail. Remove vein.Refrigerate shrimp in bowl.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 quarts water and remaining ingredients (except lemon wedges) to boil in large pot over medium-high heat. Boil 20 minutes.Add shrimp.
- Return to boil and remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.Drain shrimp in large colander. Discard liquid.
- Serve with lemon wedges.