Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Taste of Home, I have used Asparagus instead of Broccoli
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta or 8 ounces other thin pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons white wine (optional) or 6 tablespoons chicken broth (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 3 teaspoons oil for 1-2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the butter, wine, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet.
- Stir fry the pasta and vegetables until the butter is Melted.
- Add the Parmasan Cheese (I used at least 1/2 cup).
- Stir fry until pasta is coated.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Stir fry until everything is coated -- I kept going until there was a bit of crisp crusts of cheese on some of the pasta and shrimp.