Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve over hot rice or noodles.
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 cups partially steamed fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar (Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- green onion (for garnish) (optional)
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or skillet. Sauté shrimp (until pink) and garlic.
- Add broccoli, sugar, ginger, sherry, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Sauté for several minutes.
- Combine broth and cornstarch. Add to mixture and cook until thickens.