Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't tried this yet it's from Cooking Light magazine, which I have found has alot of recipes that are great for WW. This sounded so yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno peppers (about 2 peppers)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce (like Heinz)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups cooked soba noodles (about 8 oz. uncooked buckwheat noodles) or 4 cups vermicelli
- combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, cover and chill for 1 hour combine water and next 5 ingredients (water through salt) in a bowl, set aside heat oil in a stir fry pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- add broccoli, stir fry 2 minutes.
- add shrimp mixture, stir fry 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- add cornstarch mixture, and bring to a boil.
- cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens.
- serve over soba noodles.
- serving size is 1 cup stir fry and 1 cup noodles.
Excellent flavor! DH and I just loved this dish. Very easy to prepare. Has a nice touch of heat to it. I cut it in half and came out perfect. I plan to make this one of my repeat recipes on the WW program. Great one dish meal. Thanks, Bri22 for posting.
Yummy but we'll double the broccoli next time.
I feel strange reviewing this, as I made it with stir-fried CHICKEN instead (for husband's supper; I'm a vegetarian!) and just wanted to say that he LOOOVVVVVVED it. Can't wait to try with shrimp...the sauce is so piquant and tasty (I stole some of the broccoli from his plate...)