Recipe by Cookin in Orygone
I've been making this casserole since 1975! It is a crowd pleaser! This is a good dish to serve at Christmas!
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- 1 lb fresh small shrimp
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (more if you really like curry)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (Tillamook is the best!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces. Place in a large skillet in 1/2 inch of boiling salted water. Cover skillet leaving lid slightly ajar and cook over moderate heat until broccoli si just slightly underdone (about 5 minutes).
- Place broccoli in 3 quart casserole dish, then add shrimp on top of the broccoli. Mix mushroom soup, mayoniaise, lemon juice and curry powder together in a small bowl and then pour over broccoli and shrimp. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes until well heated.