Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is possibly the best shrimp/prawn dish ever! I've had this many times at an expensive Italian Seafood restaurant....and after fiddling around in the kitchen, I've finely nailed it. Hope you enjoy...........yummy!!!!
- 1 kg green medium king prawns (Shrimp)
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Peel and devein prawns leaving tail on.
- Place prawn shells, heads etc in a small pot, cover with water and bring to a simmer adding a small amount of salt.
- Simmer for about 10mins, strain stock into a measuring cup etc and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt a little butter over a medium heat and gently sautee the onions and 3 cloves of garlick.
- When the onions are soft, deglaze the pan with the white wine, add about 1 cup of the stock and 1/2 of the cream.
- Bring the cream to a simmer and stir in the curry powder, parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and cayenne pepper.
- After a few minutes, add the rest of the cream.
- I like to let this sauce simmer for at least 15 minutes to get all the flavour through.
- In a seperate saucepan, preferably a skillet, melt some butter over a high heat and sautee the remaining garlick and then add the prawns, cooking until they turn pink.
- (DONT OVERCOOK) When the prawns are cooked, pour the sauce into the skillet and mix through.
- Top the prawns and sauce with a little parmesan, parsley and paprika.
- Serve immediately in the hot skillet from the table with plenty of crusty bread to soak up the sauce.