Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on thedailymeal.com by Ming Tsai. I like the idea of cooking great dishes that are simplified and inexpensive! Thank you Ming Tsai!!
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled, and halved lengthwise, shells reserved (I use frozen bags)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- salt and black pepper
- 2 -3 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup shelled edamame (can use steamable bags)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 slices frozen texas garlic toast
- Heat a large pot over high heat. Add 2 T of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp shells and sauté, stirring, until the shells have turned pink, 1-2 minutes. Add the wine, deglaze the pot and simmer, 1-2 minutes. Add the stock, season with salt and pepper, and simmer 5-6 minutes. Strain the liquid and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside stock. Discard the shells.
- Heat large pot over medium-high heat. Add the remaining T of oil. When the oil is hot, add green onion, onions, carrot, celery and paprika. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until the vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes. Add the stock, shrimp and edamame, and simmer until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the yogurt and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Heat skillet on the stove and cook Texas Toast according to box directions (couple minutes both sides).
- Ladle the soup into 4 individual serving bowls and serve with the bread.