Recipe by BethR
Found this online http://www.skiptomylou.org. We made it for July 4. We were tired of the same ol' burgers and dogs menu. It was AWESOME! So easy to do! We had one person be the "timer" and it was great! Although it rained all day, we laid out a tablecloth and freezer paper at the kitchen counter and it was a blast! This is a must try!
- 6 ounces shrimp boil, seasonings Zatarain's brand, 2 bags
- 4 ounces crab-n-shrimp boil oil, Zatarain's brand
- 2 whole heads garlic, unpeeled and tops cut off
- 1 cup salt
- 18 -24 small red potatoes
- 6 -10 whole ears of corn, cut in half
- 3 lbs kielbasa, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 3 -4 large onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 lbs large raw shrimp, in the shell
- freezer paper
- squeeze butter
- 34 quarts turkey, fryer with strainer basket
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill turkey pot with strainer about two thirds full.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add garlic, spice bags, oil and salt, boil 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes, boil 7-8 minutes.
- Add corn, boil 5 minutes.
- Add kielbasa, boil 8 minutes.
- Squeeze lemons into pot and throw in water with onions, boil 3-4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, boil about 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink (shrimp will continue to cook once removed, don't over cook).
- Turn off burner, carefully remove strainer basket from pot, allow to drain.
- Pour contents onto table that has been covered with freezer paper (shiny side up).
- Pass basket of crusty baguette bread down the table. Serve with squeeze butter, salt, mustard and cocktail sauce (you really don't need it with all of the flavor, but offer to your guests).
- Try the garlic spread on the bread - yummy!