Recipe by KathyP53
This is a great and easy way to do a Frogmore Stew low country boil on the grill! From Food and Wine Magazine.
- 24 shelled and deveined large shrimp (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
- 16 mussels, scrubbed (about 10 oz.)
- 6 ounces kielbasa, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large ear of corn, shucked and cut into 8 rounds
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Light grill. Lay 24 x 18" sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil on a work surface. Fold each sheet in half crosswise. On the lower half of each sheet, arrange the seafood, sausage, corn, thyme and butter; season with Old Bay. Fold the top half of each sheet over the bottom half and seal very tightly on 2 sides. Into each packet pour 1 tbsp each of wine and water. Seal tightly.
- Grill the packets on the grate over moderately high heat, turning once, until puffed, about 10 minutes. Cut open each packet. Pour the contents into bowls and serve with crusty bread and more Old Bay.