Recipe by chia
this is so much fun to make and eat! warning-serve with alot of napkins
Top Review by CookbookCarrie
Yummie! The only seafood I used was shrimp (we dont get fresh crab here and the lobsters were practically floating in the tank) The corn on the cob that comes frozen works really well with this!!! Loved this one!
- water, fill turkey fryer about 2/3 full
- 2 -3 bottles zatarains crab boil
- 5 lbs small red potatoes
- 8 ears corn on the cob
- cachere creole spices, about half a jar (or use cayenne pepper, garlic powder, kosher salt onion powder, a few tbsp each)
- 5 lbs jumbo shrimp, unpeeled
- 6 lobsters, live
Directions See How It's Made
- bring water and crab boil to a boil.
- in basket add 5 lb potatoes, return to pot, add spices,cover, boil 10 minutes add corn and lobsters to pot, cover boil 10 minutes add shrimp, boil 5 minutes more spread newspapers on large table.
- carefully remove insert basket, dump on newspapers, season again if desired everyone eats with their hands, except for the lobster, serve with hot sauce if desired and lots of napkins.