Recipe by carrie sheridan
Very gourmet and subtle, this makes All The Difference in how GREAT shrimp taste - and it takes NO TIME... never again buy cooked shrimp!
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole mixed pickling spice
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, in their shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Add spices to water in a large pot, 6 quarts or so.
- Bring to boil.
- Add shrimp and bring BACK to boil.
- Simmer 5-8 minutes, until shrimp have turned pink and are floating on the surface of the water.
- Drain in colander.
- Let cool (chill in refrigerator - or quickly in freezer, if desired).
- Serve with Heinz Cocktail Sauce that has been chilled OR serve with melted butter that has some garlic crushed into it.
- I usually make At Least 1/2 lb per person because people LOVE to make pigs of themselves [and if the shrimp is on special, this isn't THAT extravagant].