1/1 Photo of Shrimp BLT
This recipe originates from Food and Wine, my sister in law passed it along. It is FANTASTIC! Great as a salad on a bed of greens, served it on toasted sandwich rounds (the 100 cal ones) on croissants or as an hor d'oeuvre as originally intended on toasted baguette rounds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 French bread, cut crosswise into thirty 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 lb bacon or 1/4 lb pancetta
- 3/4 lb shrimp, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- 4 small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 11. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the baguette slices on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, or until just crisp. Let cool.
- 22. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the pancetta slices or bacon in an even layer and cook over moderate heat until crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and crumble.
- 33. In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- 44. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each of the baguette slices. Top with an arugula leaf, a slice of tomato and a scant tablespoon of the shrimp salad. Sprinkle with the crumbled pancetta and serve.
- 5Make Ahead The shrimp salad can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp BLT
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Sodium 698.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 12.0 g