Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve with croutons
Make and share this Shrimp Bisque recipe from Food.com.
- In large saucepan melt butter and saute shrimps until just cooked through about 4 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon transfer shrimps to a bowl.
- Add celery,onions, carrots and lemon juice to saucepan.
- Saute until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add white wine and boil 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, rice and tomato paste.
- Cover pot and simmer until rice is tender about 20 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Add cream and puree.
- Add shrimps and blend until shrimps are coarsely chopped.
- Be careful not to overprocess them.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each bowl with extra shrimp.
This soup was wonderful!!! the consistency was perfect..... the only change i made was i added a dash of dry sherry just before serving. My honey really loved it too:)
This is a hard one to review for me. I prepared this for our Valentine's Day dinner and while we liked it, it did not have the flavour I was expecting and it did not thicken up as much as I expected either. I thought that maybe after sitting overnight the flavours would meld, but I still felt it needed something. So, I added some more seafood to it with a flaked fillet of cooked haddock and I prepared a roux to thicken it up more as well. With these changes, it was excellent. That said, I have only had shrimp bisque once and that was at least 20 yrs ago, so I am by no means a connoisseur and my recollection may be fuzzy. As I said, we did enjoy it, and I would probably make it again adding more seafood and the roux. Thx for sharing your recipe. Made for Soup Fest 2011.
This was very good. I loved the texture of it. I just pulsed the blender as some one else said. It was almost too salty though. I would suggest using a low sodium chicken broth. Next time I will make my own broth or get the low sodium kind. Made for ZWT 07