Recipe by deborah03
I found this recipe in the USA Weekend part of the newspaper recently and thought it looked good. Perfect for the fall and winter months.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, cooked with tails removed and cut in to pieces
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, heat olive oil.
- Add red pepper and onion; saute on low heat until soft, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp, half-and-half, tomato sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add butter.
- Put 1/2 hot mixture in a blender carefully process at high speed about 10 to 15 seconds, or until no large pieces remain.
- Transfer bisque into soup bowls.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.
- Optional garnishes: herbs and additional shrimp.