1/3 Photos of Shrimp Bisque
This recipe was in the usaweekend magazine this weekend and looks so appealing that I've posted it before trying it. I hope I guessed right! Time to make is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped yellow onion
- 226.79 g cooked shrimp or 226.79 g raw shrimp, tails removed, cut in pieces
- 473.18 ml fat-free half-and-half
- 236.59 ml no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1.23 ml hot sauce (or to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4.92 ml butter
- 59.14 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add red pepper and onion; saute on low heat until soft, 15 to 20 minute, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add shrimp, half-and-half, tomato sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add butter.
- 3Put half of hot mixture in a blender and carefully process at high speed about 10 to 15 seconds, or until no large pieces remain. Transfer bisque into soup bowls and repeat with remaining. (I would just use a stick blender).
- 4Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Optional garnish - fresh herbs and additional shrimp.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 555.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 13.2 g