Recipe by duonyte
This recipe was in the usaweekend magazine this weekend and looks so appealing that I've posted it before trying it. I hope I guessed right! Time to make is estimated.
Top Review by Boomette
wow this is one of the best soup I made. It's so good. I followed the recipe and the soup didn't curdle. It was perfect. I used thawed, raw shrimps. We had only 4 servings. I forgot to add the parmesan but it was too yummy just like that. Thanks duonyte :) Made for Rookie tag game
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped yellow onion
- 226.79 g cooked shrimp or 226.79 g raw shrimp, tails removed, cut in pieces
- 473.18 ml fat-free half-and-half
- 236.59 ml no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1.23 ml hot sauce (or to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4.92 ml butter
- 59.14 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add red pepper and onion; saute on low heat until soft, 15 to 20 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp, half-and-half, tomato sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add butter.
- Put half of hot mixture in a blender and carefully process at high speed about 10 to 15 seconds, or until no large pieces remain. Transfer bisque into soup bowls and repeat with remaining. (I would just use a stick blender).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Optional garnish - fresh herbs and additional shrimp.