1/2 Photos of Shrimp Bisque
adapted from bon appetit, this uses the lovely shrimp stock that we made in the french forum last week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (or 2 1/2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 3 cups shrimp stock
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1Melt butter in heavy large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shrimp and sauté until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to bowl.
- 2Add celery, onion, carrot, tarragon and lemon peel to Dutch oven. Sauté until vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes. Add white wine and brandy and boil 2 minutes. Add shrimp stock, whipping cream, rice and tomato paste. Cover pot and simmer until rice is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- 3Purée soup in batches in blender. Return to Dutch oven. Place all but 6 shrimp in blender. Add 3 cups soup and blend until shrimp are coarsely chopped. Add to soup.
- 4Bring soup to simmer, stirring frequently.
- 5season with salt and pepper.
- 6Ladle into 6 bowls; garnish each with 1 shrimp.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.5
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 211.7 mg
- Sodium 275.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: