1/1 Photo of Shrimp Bisque
This soup is so easy to make, and it is creamy and yummy! This is a slight adaptation from Moosewood: Cooks at Home. It is wonderful with corn scone/bread and a salad. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup apple, peeled (chopped or shredded)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or butter)
- 1 tablespoon unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 inches lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1Rinse shrimp and set them aside.
- 2In large saucepan, saute' the onions and apples in the butter or oil for about 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- 3Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring for a minute or two.
- 4Then stir in the stock or water, lemon juice, lemon peel, curry powder, dill, salt, white pepper, and wine.
- 5Simmer, covered for about 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens slightly.
- 6Add the shrimp and half-and-half, and simmer gently until the shrimp turn pink. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp or they will become tough (they don't take long)
- 7Remove the lemon peel. In a blender or food processor, pureé about one third of the soup and the return it to the pot. Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 243.2 mg
- Sodium 426.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: