Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy! Serving amounts are an approximation.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 cups fish stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 lbs cooked shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- In a large soup pot, over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Sautee for about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and water to pot. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Pour in stock, tomato paste, half and half, flour, lemon juice, shrimp, and the spices. Mix well. Heat through.
- Add the sour cream. Stir well; remove from heat.
- Puree in batches, if necessary in blender or food processor.
Simple ingredients, quick to prepare, and was delicious. Everyone in the house loved it. I made a few tweaks because I eat low carb. I replaced the half and half with a full cup of heavy cream, and replaced the carrots with chopped cauliflower. By doing these things it was thick enough I didn't need to add the flour. No half and half, no flour, and no carrots reduces the carbs to about 5g per serving.
Easy to prepare. Very tasty!