Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
EatingWell; 247 calories
Make and share this Shrimp Banh Mi recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 French baguettes, halved lengthwise
- 1 lb peeled and cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 18 slices cucumbers
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Place carrot and vinegar in a small bowl, stir to combine; let marinate while working on the rest of the ingredients.
- Add cilantro, mayonnaise, yogurt, fish sauce, lime juice, and cayenne to a bowl; stir to combine.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of this sauce on the bottom half of each baguette; add the shrimp to the remaining sauce; toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon, divide carrot among the baguettes (discard vinegar).
- Top with shrimp, cucumber, and scallions; sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired; cover with top half of baguette.
- Cut each baguette into two 6-inch sandwiches.