Recipe by Mexi-Rosie
This is a favorite Christmas or special occasion dish in my household. The German consul's wife where I live, who is a reputed gourmet cook, was kind enough to share it with me and others who raved about it during a sit-down dinner she offered.
- 1 lb clean cooked baby shrimp
- 2 1⁄2 ripe sliced bananas (it's important that the bananas'peel look evenly freckled to insure sweet taste, though they should)
- 1⁄3 cup drained green peas (can use less or more, according to your palate)
- 1⁄2 cup your favorite mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup undiluted evaporated milk (or more according to desired consistency)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump shrimp into salad bowl.
- Add drained cooked green peas.
- Just before serving, add the peeled,sliced bananas (if done earlier than just before serving, banana might oxidize and look dark, though taste is not affected).
- Mix mayonnaise and evaporated milk to make a creamy dressing and stir into previous ingredients.
- No need for salt since shrimp is already usually salty.