Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
My family loves to eat in different chinese restaurants. my passion is cooking and collecting cookbooks. so everytime i come across a yummy dish, i try to experiment on it at home and eventually will come up with a delicious version of mine.
- 600 g shrimp (meat only)
- 1 tablespoon beer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Japanese-style bread crumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
- sweet chili sauce or catsup
- Peel, devein, chop finely and mash the shrimps with a meat mallet (the finer the better).
- add beer, ginger juice, fine salt, egg white and cornstarch to the mashed shrimps. mix thoroughly.
- arrange the breadcrumbs on a plate. form the shrimp mixture into 12 balls then coat with breadcrumbs.
- in a frying pan, add oil. deep fry the shrimp balls over medium heat for 3 minutes or until golden brown. (you can adjust the heat during frying; the breadcrumbs will fall off if the heat is too low and will burn if too high).
- drain on paper towels. serve hot with dipping sauce.