- 1 lb raw shrimp, minced
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce (thin)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (perhaps you might want to start with 1/2 t and increase to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 2 t water
- oil, to deep fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except oil.
- Form into walnut sized balls.
- Deep fry at 350º degrees F.
- If making shrimp toast use sliced white bread cut in quarters.
- Spread mixture on bread keeping it thinner at the edges.
- Deep fry as above.
- Note: if you find that they're browning too quickly, reduce the heat to about 325º degrees F.
- Blot on paper towels and serve.