From my files- may have been from Better Homes and Gardens but not certain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled, deveined, finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fresh snow pea, halved crosswise
- 3/4 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces tofu, cubed
- 3 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1For shrimp balls, in a mixing bowl combine egg white, cornstarch, and ginger.
- 2Add shrimp and mix well.
- 3In a Dutch oven combine broth, rice wine, pepper and garlic.
- 4Bring to a boil and add shrimp mixture by rounded teaspoons; return to boiling; reduce heat.
- 5Cover and simmer for 1 minute.
- 6Add pea pods, carrots, tofu, and green onion.
- 7Return to boiling; reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes more until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Ball Soup
Serving Size: 1 (519 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.4 mg
- Sodium 1265.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 22.9 g