Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From my files- may have been from Better Homes and Gardens but not certain.
Make and share this Shrimp Ball Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled, deveined, finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fresh snow pea, halved crosswise
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces tofu, cubed
- 3 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- For shrimp balls, in a mixing bowl combine egg white, cornstarch, and ginger.
- Add shrimp and mix well.
- In a Dutch oven combine broth, rice wine, pepper and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and add shrimp mixture by rounded teaspoons; return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add pea pods, carrots, tofu, and green onion.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes more until vegetables are crisp-tender.