Recipe by SEvans
Truly tasty and easy to prepare - this recipe is for 2 people (4 caraffes) and can easily be increased and cooked in a single Pyrex container.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 3 cups tomatoes, peeled seeded chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass or plastic bowl toss the shrimp with the lemon juice and set aside to marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil - add green onions and shallots sauté for a minute - then add garlic and saute another minute.
- Add white wine and simmer to reduce the liquid by half.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt and pepper to taste, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In individual caraffes place a small amount of the sauce on the bottom. Divide the shrimp evenly amongst the Caraffes - evenly distribute remaining sauce over the shrimp.
- Crumble feta over each dish and place dish uncovered into your preheated over. Bake until the shrimp is cooked through, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread, salad or what ever you have on hand.