1/2 Photos of Shrimp Baked With Feta, Ouzo and Cognac
From "Classic Greek Cooking" by Daphne Metaxas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour tomatoes into mixing bowl.
- 2Squeeze into small pieces.
- 3Heat 4 tablespoons oil in heavy saucepan.
- 4Lightly saute onion and garlic.
- 5Add tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 6Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until sauce is thickened.
- 7Heat butter and 2 tablespoons oil in large, heavy skillet.
- 8Saute shrimp over medium-high heat until pink.
- 9Add ouzo and cognac.
- 10Flame shrimp.
- 11Place in casserole or individual ramekins.
- 12Cover with the tomato sauce.
- 13Sprinkle with crumbled feta and parsley. (This much of preparation can be done ahead of time.)
- 14Bake in 425F oven 10 minutes or until well-heated and feta has melted.
- 15Serve with crusty bread and a salad.
- 16Freezes well. Defrost when ready to use. Bake, covered, at 400F 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Baked With Feta, Ouzo and Cognac
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.7
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 326.3 mg
- Sodium 1938.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 36.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: