Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful yummy garlicy shrimp made on the stove top and then browned in the broiler for the last 5 min.
- 24 frozen raw shrimp
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Place the raw frozen shrimp in a colander and sit under cold running water for 5 minute or until defrosted.
- Place the olive oil and 3 tbs butter in a deep pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and shallot and saute. you want the garlic to infuse the oil without burning so keep the heat on med-low. this will take about 5 minutes.
- Zest the lemon right into the pan and then squeez half of the juice into the pan. Throw the shrimp into the pan and season generously with salt and pepper. Let the shrimp cook until pink but not fully cooked through about 5 minute
- Remove the shrimp and deglaze the pan with the sherry. Add the parsley and let the sauce cook a couple of minute until it thickens slightly. Taste and udjust seasoning.
- Add the shrimp and chopped tomatos then the breadcrumbs ontop of everything.
- Dab the last tablespoon of butter over the breadcrumbs and place the whole thing under the broiler for 5 min or until brown and bubbly.
- Serve with rice and salad.
The first time I made this I was out of bread crumbs so I sprinkeld some freshly grated Parmigiano-Regiano cheese on top instead, WOW, this dish is amazing. The second time I made it I used about half of the breadcrumbs but I found that they absorbed the wonderful sauce. I will stick with the cheese instead. What a great recipe. Thanks!!
Wow this recipe is my favorite shrimp dish. My girlfriend made it for me last night and it was simply amazing. A must try and it was quick !!!!!!!! Better then any Restaurant