Recipe by Oolala
From "The Art Lover's Cookbook" which is a collection of recipes published by the Summit Art Center in NJ as a fundraiser. I haven't made this one yet. Hope you like it.
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tomatoes, peeled
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate shrimp in a mixture of salt, lemon juice, garlic, Tobasco sauce and pepper for at least 1 hour.
- Brown onions in oil; add parsley and bay leaves, tomatoes and shrimp.
- Cook 5-10 minutes (do not overcook!).
- Remove pot from stove burner and add coconut milk gently.
- Return to low heat and thicken sauce with some corn starch.
- Serve with rice and okra.