Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- salt and pepper
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb frozen large peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and salt it generously.
- While the water comes to a boil, cook the bacon in a large, deep skillet, turning occasionally, over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain and crumble. Drain all but 2 tablespoons fat from the skillet.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente according to the label’s directions, stirring occasionally.
- To the fat in the skillet, add the onions and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onions brown, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until just opaque throughout, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook just until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the pasta directly from the pot to the skillet. Toss until very well coated and top with the bacon.