Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Golden brown lacy shrimp and bacon cakes spiked with southern spices and fresh basil. Accompanined with Hidden Valley Original ranch Dressing. Perfect for a light lunch or an appetizer course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces bacon, finely diced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, small diced
- 2 tablespoons yellow peppers, small diced
- 2 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 ounces cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 4 basil sprigs
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 11. In a heated skillet using medium heat cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet using a slotted spoon; allow the bacon to drain onto absorbent paper towels.
- 22. Sift the dry ingredients and seasonings into a bowl.
- 33. In a seperate mixing bowl combine the bacon, vegetables, herbs, egg, milk and shrimp.
- 44. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl, stir with a wooden spoon until the batter is just combined. Take care not to over mix the batter.
- 55. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; in batches place 1/4 cup size dollops of batter into the skillet. saute for approximately 2 minutes or until the bottom side of the griddle cakes are golden in color. Gently turn the griddle cakes over using a spatula, cooking the second side for an additional 2 minutes or until the cakes are fully cooked.
- 66. Place the cakes in a single layer onto an absorbent paper lined tray reserve in a warm area. Cook any remaining batter adding additional vegetable oil if necessary.
- 77. In the center of a decorative serving platter arrange the griddle cakes, garnish the platter with lemon wedges and sprigs of basil. Place the Hidden Vally Original Ranch Dressing into a decorative serving bowl to accompany the cakes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Bacon & Basil Griddle Cakes #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.3
- Calories from Fat 610
- Total Fat 67.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 169.8 mg
- Sodium 1524.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: