Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this salad for a picnic potluck, It was a really big hit. I took everything along in icebox and put it together at the picnic. Easy to increase or decrease the recipe to fit the occasion, nice for a dinner party or a summer meal. I left the tails on the shrimp for looks, this makes a very pretty salad.
- 1 lb cooked medium-sized shrimp (I left the tails on)
- 1 (2 ounce) bag baby greens
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half (you can use fruit of choice)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted,chopped
Rasberry Walnut Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free raspberry fruit spread
- 3 teaspoons walnut oil
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- Make salad dressing ahead of time; Mix all ingredients together and blend with a hand blender or put into blender and mix until emulsifed.
- Put into a container with lid or salad dressing bottle.
- In Large salad bowl add baby grens, grapes and shrimp.
- Toss with salad dressing and add walnuts.
This should be considered Low Carb! I make the dressing with a packet of splenda because I like it a little sweeter. Instead of grapes, fresh raspberries work for us low carbers. I also like feta or blue cheese on the salad if I don't have any shrimp. I used this on watercress last night and it was great. Thanks for the contribution!
Outstanding recipe! Loved the dressing and the combination of the shrimp and the fruit with the greens. I used some cantelope and strawberries I had on hand instead of the grapes and it went great with it. Thanks for sharing another wonderful recipe, Barb.