Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a wonderful salad as a complete meal, especially for diabetics that need to watch their carbs and sugars.
FOR THE SALAD
- extra virgin olive oil, to cover bottom of skillet
- 1 lb shrimp (cooked, tails off, you can even use up to 2lbs.)
- 1 head bibb lettuce or 1 head butter lettuce or 1 head boston lettuce
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 3 teaspoons kirkland seasoning salt (from Costco) or 3 teaspoons monterey steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons bacon bits
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs (hard-boiled and sliced)
- 12 grape tomatoes
FOR AVOCADO DRESSING (use 1 cup)
- 1 avocado (ripe)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- TO MAKE THE DRESSING:.
- Peel, pit and mash the avocado. Add the rest of the dressing ingredients and blend well.
- TO MAKE THE SALAD:.
- Cover bottom of skillet with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Season shrimp with Kirkland Seasoning Salt or Monterey steak seasoning, bacon bits, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice and sauté on both sides for 2-3 minutes total.
- Divide the lettuce between 2 dinner plates. Place the avocado dressing over the lettuce. Drizzle a teaspoon of lemon juice over each plate. Place a sliced hard-boiled egg over each plate. Place 6 grape tomatoes around each plate. Cut up the 2 avocados into bite-sized pieces and spread out the pieces between the 2 plates. Sprinkle half of the shrimp on each plate and serve.