Shrimp, Avocado & Roasted Corn Salad
- To Make The Salad:
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the corn kernels and let them dry-roast for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until their edges begin to brown and caramelize. Transfer the corn to a plate to set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. In the same skillet, add the bacon. Fry for about 6 minutes, stirring ocassionally, until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, leaving the grease in the skillet.
- Season shrimp with ancho or chipotle powder. Add the shrimp and saute until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side (depending on the size of your shrimp). Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Assemble your salads by tossing together the Romaine, corn, bacon, shrimp and avocado. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
- To Make The Dressing:
- Whisk together all ingredients until blended. Season with salt and pepper.