My spin on a delightful salad originally posted on Gimme Some Oven blog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ears fresh corn (shaved off the cob)
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled
- 1 pinch dried ancho chile powder or 1 pinch dried chipotle powder
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup grated gouda cheese (optional)
Buttermilk Pesto Dressing Ingredients
- 1To Make The Salad:
- 2Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the corn kernels and let them dry-roast for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until their edges begin to brown and caramelize. Transfer the corn to a plate to set aside.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-high. In the same skillet, add the bacon. Fry for about 6 minutes, stirring ocassionally, until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, leaving the grease in the skillet.
- 4Season shrimp with ancho or chipotle powder. Add the shrimp and saute until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side (depending on the size of your shrimp). Remove shrimp and set aside.
- 5Assemble your salads by tossing together the Romaine, corn, bacon, shrimp and avocado. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
- 6To Make The Dressing:
- 7Whisk together all ingredients until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp, Avocado & Roasted Corn Salad
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.2
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 169.1 mg
- Sodium 1255.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper