Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this super-fast, super-tasty hoagie topper made with shrimp and avocado next time you need a quick meal.
- 1 (12 ounce) package cooked shrimp (frozen peeled,thawed and coarsely chopped)
- 2 large avocados, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup bottled coleslaw dressing
- 4 hoagie rolls
- lemon wedge (optional)
- In large mixing bowl combine shrimp, avocados, carrots, and salad dressing.
- Halve hoagie buns.
- Using a spoon, slightly hollow bottoms and tops of hoagie buns, leaving 1/2-inch shell. Discard excess bread.
- Toast buns.
- Spoon shrimp mixture into hoagie buns. Serve with lemon wedges.
So easy and tasty! I used the little frozen salad shrimp we had on hand and it worked great. Instead of coleslaw dressing I used lite mayo and added some salt and pepper to make it a bit more savory. DH also used a little hot sauce. Thanks for posting, made for ZWT #9!
This was so super easy! I ended up using 1 1/2 avocados and let the hubby eat the other half plain, lol. I didn't toast my rolls because I didn't want to take the time, but I think that would be a nice touch. Thanks so much for postint Annacia!
Do I really need to explain how good this is. I am a huge shrimp fan, and an even bigger fan of avocado so this was the perfect dish for me. My DH loved this sandwich too, and has already asked when could we make them again. Thanks for a great one! :)