Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nasturtium has a peppery flavor. You've got creaminess from the avocado, sweetness and saltiness from the nuts and apple chips. You can find Apple chips in bags in your produce section of the market or make them. I have a great recipe for them. These dressing are great choices for this salad but use what you like. Maple Dijon Dressing Maple Dijon Dressing, Lavender Salad Dressing Lavender Salad Dressing,Or the dresing from this recipe Baby Greens With Strawberries With a Poppy Seed Dressing Chicken Thighs Diablo Or squeeze lemon juice on it to keep it low calorie. This serves 1 for a meal or 2 for sides.
- 1 cup salad greens
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup prepared roasted buttered almonds
- 1⁄3 cup crushed prepared apple chips
- 4 cooked shrimp
- 2 caper berries (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon of fresh mint or 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 2 -4 fresh nasturtium blossoms
- 2 -4 fresh nasturtium leaves
- Plate the lettuce following with the remaining ingredients and top with your favorite dressing.