Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Shrimp, cheese, spinach and eggs make this dish an all time favorite with my friends and family. Having made it for years, I many times change some of the ingredients, but this one I make the most. It is different than any recipe I have ever come across, so it is original as far as I know. I make my own crust, but the boughten ones work just fine..
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, minced
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place crust in a 9-inch deep dish pie or quiche pan. Prick all over bottom and sides of crust with a fork. Place in oven and bake for 5-8 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium-low heat in a 12-inch heavy skillet. Stir in the shallots and garlic. Cook until shallots are limp. Stir the dressing mix with the flour and mustard, then stir into the skillet. Cook and stir until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Stir in the yogurt and Feta cheese.
- Mix the lemon juice, spinach and nutmeg into the eggs, then add the shrimp. Add this mxture to the skillet. Spoon into the pie shell. Mix the bread crumbs, cheese and chives together; sprinkle over the top of the quiche. Dot with remaining butter. Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until quiche is set.
Shrimp and quiche are two of my favorites. Very good!