Recipe by WhiteSnake
Since I don't care for crab I came up with this to take the place of shrimp and crab gratins.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was a lovely shrimp dish. We really enjoyed the flavors of the sauce with the succulent shrimp. The shrimp were perfectly cooked, plump and juicy while the sauce was smooth and velvety. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again and again. Made for Fall Pac/12
- 3⁄4 lb cooked medium shrimp
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove shells and tails from shrimp.
- Cook onion in butter until tender; stir in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add 3/4 cup cheese and heat until melted.
- Stir in shrimp and mix well.
- Pour into 4 to 6 individual well-greased ramekins.
- Combine melted butter, bread crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup of cheese; sprinkle over top of each ramekin.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly and brown.