Recipe by Annacia
This really is hearty enough to be a meal in a bowl. Loaded with crunchy vegetables, filling shrimp, and a zesty herb vinaigrette, it’s got enough flavor and bite to satisfy. To enjoy the salad as a dinner entree serve with crusty garlic bread.
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, thick ends removed
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, shelled and cleaned (buy it cooked or cook it fresh at home)
- 1 slice fresh lemon
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- lettuce leaf
- 1 ounce monterey jack cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salad oil, vinegar, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, cayenne, and pepper in a large mixing bowl or blender and mix until combined.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add asparagus and boil 2 minutes, until bright green.
- Drain and chop asparagus.
- Place asparagus, shrimp, lemon, and prepared dressing in medium mixing bowl.
- Toss to combine and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, combine red pepper, green onion, and parsley in small mixing bowl.
- To serve, drain shrimp mixture and arrange on plate with lettuce and cheese.
- Serve with bell pepper mixture on top of shrimp and asparagus.