Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
Note: This is no Knock off recipe. This "is" from their website http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/. I had liked this so much, the wait staff asked me if I wanted the recipe. I said sure! She brought back a card with the following recipe.
- 18 shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (colaviata or or your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus spear, fresh stemmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion
- 2 cups arborio rice
- fresh parsley, chopped
- SIMMER: chicken broth on low heat until needed.
- HEAT: oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute, then add white wine.
- Add ½ of broth and stir until completely absorbed.
- Repeat until 4 cups of broth have been added.
- Stir the risotto frequently to prevent sticking.
- ADD: asparagus and shrimp to the remaining broth and cook for about 2 minutes, or until shrimp is pink.
- Remove asaparagus and shrimp from the broth and then add them to the risotto mixture.
- Add ½ cup of the broth at a time until desired creaminess is reached (there may be broth left over).
- Once the broth is absorbed, add butter, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes and parsley.
This was fantastic! Really delicious, but still very easy to make. I will definitely make it again and again. I did make a few changes, however, based on personal preference... I added a couple big cloves of garlic along with the onions, and mixed in a couple tablespoons of lemon juice at the end. I also reduced the amount of butter and Parmesan cheese by about half (it was still very creamy and flavorful though). But all in all, if I could give more than 5 stars, I would!
OMG! Following another Chet's recommendation, I added 1T lemon juice and 2 cloves of garlic. I also added quite a bit of fresh ground pepper. This was soooo good and filling in small portions.
This is to die for! Adding garlic was my only addition.