Recipe by GinnyP
From Cooking Light magazine.
Top Review by Ms B.
This is a very nice main dish salad. I mixed everything together, except the spinach and tossed that with the shrimp, beans, etc just prior to serving. I did use white wine balsamic vinegar instead of the apple cider vinegar, and added a bit more. I like the sweet tang the balsamic vinegar gives the veggies. The recipe came together quickly and easily. This will be very good when the heat of summer hits us.
- 2 cups sliced asparagus, in 1 inch pieces (about 1/2 pound)
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 slices thick-sliced bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam asparagus, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Drain; plunge into an ice bath or rinse with cold water.
- Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 tsp pepper and 1/8 tsp salt.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add shrimp, saute' about 4 minutes or just until pink.
- Remove shrimp from pan to a large bowl.
- Add asparagus, baby spinach, and beans to shrimp and toss well.
- In the same pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Add onions, and after one minute, add garlic.
- Cook two minutes or until the onions are soft, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the remaining salt& pepper, the bacon, chicken broth, parsley, lemon juice,& vinegar.
- Drizzle the warm dressing over the salad.
- Toss to coat well.