Recipe by Derf
Delicious low fat,colourfull, crisp flavoured pasta, from the local newspaper.
Top Review by jedimindtrick4
Mmmmm...very, very tasty. I added mushrooms and spinach and topped the pasta with Parmesan cheese. I didn't have any fettuccine so I used plain spaghetti instead. I will definitely make this again! Thanks for posting!
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus, cut in 1 1/2 inch lengths
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces raw medium-sized shrimp, peeled & deveined (about 30)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, rubbed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, more if you wish
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 2 (14 ounce) cans navy beans or 2 (14 ounce) cans great northern beans (or your favourite beans)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces dry spinach fettuccine
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges,for garnish and to squeeze over finished dish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach fettuccine according to instructions on package.
- Saute asparagus, onion and garlic in oil in a large non stick frypan until tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, oregano and red pepper flakes; saute until shrimp is pink, about 5 minutes, do not over cook.
- Stir in orange juice and lemon rind.
- Coarsly mash about 1/4 of the beans; stir beans into skillet and cook over medium heat until hot, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in salt.
- Serve over spinach fettuccine, with lemon wedges on the side.