Delicious low fat,colourfull, crisp flavoured pasta, from the local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus, cut in 1 1/2 inch lengths
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces raw medium-sized shrimp, peeled & deveined (about 30)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, rubbed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, more if you wish
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 2 (14 ounce) cans navy beans or 2 (14 ounce) cans great northern beans (or your favourite beans)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces dry spinach fettuccine
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges,for garnish and to squeeze over finished dish (optional)
- 1Cook spinach fettuccine according to instructions on package.
- 2Saute asparagus, onion and garlic in oil in a large non stick frypan until tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in shrimp, oregano and red pepper flakes; saute until shrimp is pink, about 5 minutes, do not over cook.
- 4Stir in orange juice and lemon rind.
- 5Coarsly mash about 1/4 of the beans; stir beans into skillet and cook over medium heat until hot, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6Stir in salt.
- 7Serve over spinach fettuccine, with lemon wedges on the side.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp, Asparagus and White Bean Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.1
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 129.1 mg
- Sodium 610.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 31.1 g