If like me arborio rice is unavailable to you, this a tasty risotto look-alike. Also, unlike traditional risotto, it does not require half an hour of constant stirring, and does not include some of the traditional ingredients such as peas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups rice, mix from a box prepare as instructed on box (I typically choose Near East's rice pilaf)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb asparagus, tough roots discarded, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, shelled, and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup feta
- 1In large saute pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, saute for about 2 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- 2Add tougher asparagus pieces, continue to saute for about 1 minute. Add remaining asparagus and continue to saute for another minute.
- 3Add shrimp, saute for 1 minute.
- 4Add chicken broth, continue stirring. Cook until shrimp turn completely pink.
- 5Add all spices, stir to coat.
- 6Add prepared rice mix and feta. Stir to completely incorporate rice, feta, and shrimp/asparagus mixture.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp, Asparagus, and Feta Almost Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.0
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 231.9 mg
- Sodium 1033.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 37.1 g