Recipe by Bev
This is a very light salad taking less than 10 minutes to prepare. It must be made just prior to serving as the dressing wilts the greens slightly. From Legal Seafood.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped (include some of the green tops)
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or sweet marjoram)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup arugula
- 1 bunch chicory lettuce, washed, stemmed and dried (about 2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonreactive saucepan.
- Stir in the garlic and scallions, and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp, parsley and cilantro and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, or until the shrimp is heated through.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Taste and correct the seasonings, if necessary.
- Arrange arugula and chicory on a serving platter, pour shrimp mixture over greens, toss lightly and serve.