I found this recipe at Allrecipe.com but made a bunch of changes to make it my own. Use any pasta of your choice.
- 1 -16 ounce fettuccine (or pasta of your choice)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb large raw shrimp
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, chopped up (not marinated)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt & pepper
- grated cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, saute onion and garlic in 2 tblspn oil for about 5 minutes. Remove to bowl. Add wine, chicken broth & lemon juice to the onion and garlic mixture, set aside. Add shrimp and remaining 2 tblspn of oil to pan for about 3 minutes. Stir in artichokes, onion & garlic mixture and heat to boiling about another 5 minutes on a low to medium flame. Toss with pasta, parsley, salt and pepper. Top with grated cheese. Serve immediately -- ENJOY!
5 stars and 2 thumbs up from me and my son! I changed the recipe slightly, using 2 cans of artichoke hearts and added some bay scallops. Wonderful recipe, super fast, easy and great on a hot summer night! Thank you for posting a recipe that will see lots of activity from here on out!!
5 stars from DH and I both! I made as written - the only change I will make is next time I will substitute butter for half the chicken broth to make it a slightly creamier sauce. Served over half regular half spinach fettuccine and the color combo looked great!! Also served with garlic bread and salad and had fried artichokes as an appetizer... not an everyday dinner :) Thanks for posting!
This was excellent! I have fixed it twice. The first time, I fixed it as written, only substituting vegetable broth for the chicken broth. Yummy! The second time I fixed it, I substituted mushrooms and zucchini for the shrimp (I didn't have any shrimp), and it was a great vegetarian option. Now, when I don't know what to fix for dinner, this is my "go-to" recipe! Thanks for posting!