1/1 Photo of Shrimp Artichoke Casserole
This is an unashamedly indulgent dish that I got from a friend. I use half-and-half instead of heavy cream and it turns out fine. I also don't use the entire amount of butter - I "saute" the mushrooms in a bit of broth with just a tablespoon of butter. But for those of you who live dangerously, I am submitting as in the original.UPDATE: I am checking against the original to see if I made an error in posting - will update.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1Preheat oven to 375 deg. In bottom of a well-greased 1 1/2 quart casserole, place artichoke hearts and cover with shrimp.
- 2Melt half the butter in pan and saute mushrooms 6 to 8 minutes. Pour over shrimp.
- 3Melt remaining butter; add flour and cook over low heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add the cream and milk, cooking until thick.
- 4Add salt, pepper, sherry and Worcestershire. Stir until smooth.
- 5Pour over casserole and top with cheese and paprika.
- 6Bake 25 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.
- 7Serve by itself, or stretch by serving over rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Artichoke Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.5
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.5 g
- Cholesterol 510.9 mg
- Sodium 2631.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 49.0 g