Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great dinner party or holiday appy, they will go quickly!!
Make and share this Shrimp Appy recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash cayenne
- 24 medium shrimp, cleaned and cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 hard cooked egg, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons creamed horseradish, drained on paper towel (not dry)
- 24 toast rounds or 24 crackers
- Mix together first 4 ingredients.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Blend next 3 ingredients.
- Spread on toast or crackers.
- Top each with a shrimp.
- Garnish with parsley.
This recipe is so easy, it only takes minutes to prepare - make it in the Am keep egg mixture at room temp (or have it in the fridge and bring it out to reach room temp before spreading the crackers) & slip the shrimp in the fridge. Just before serving butter the toasts (crackers) top with the shrimp, sprinkle with parsley and watch them disappear.I used Dare Vinta crackers and they were perfect. I served these to 4 persons that each have very different tastes and they were enjoyed by all. The entire recipe was devoured by four of us! Thanks Dorothy for yet another winner
This was extremely easy, but oh so good! The only thing that was slightly different , was that I used homemade french dressing the second time I prepared this .Too bad I had to stop at five stars!